Friday, January 8, 2010

Travel Hiccup

Dear snow in London,
You are complicating my life!
Love,
Shannon

Woke up this morning ready to make last second additions to my bag, threw everything in the car and headed to Maggie's house. The plan was to drive to to ATL today and get on a plane tomorrow for Cross-cultural training for MTW. Thankfully I checked my email at the last second to find out my flight is cancelled... awesome! :)

Honestly, it's no big deal... I'm getting good quality time with the Haigh family... cheesy TV ("Bring it On" gymnastics style), oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, spaghetti (yum!), flight searches (you can go to austin, TX for $252 if anyone is interested), speed lunch for Jamie, and patiently waiting to get ahold of British Airways.... and by patiently I mean I'm calling them every twenty minutes just to listen to their dialtone:) The good news is that when you get the automated voice feature, at least the man has a great accent! It's good to have a soothing voice tell you that there is no way that they can get to your call due to the vast amounts of call volume they are recieving. Thanks sir... I know it's not your fault... and you told me so nicely that I can't even be mad...

So... more updates to come! Hopefully next travel update I'll actually be out of Cary!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun times! Just the beginning - but I can't wait to see how it goes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good stuff Innes. Hope you make it out of Cary soon!

    ReplyDelete