Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tactic: London Avoidance

Today consisted of...
* 1 1/2 hours on hold with British Airways
* 2 Cancelled flights to London
* Maggie fighting with the Expedia man while pretending to be me
* One super mean airline employee who bullied me into a new flight that than also got cancelled
* One super nice and helpful airline employee who helped me get my money back
* A growing distaste for electronic voice recordings
* A disdain for elevator music
* A new ticket
* Chick-fil-A
* A movie
* Fun and very helpful friends :)

The end result is a new itinerary straight from RDU to Brussels leaving Monday afternoon! Jenni and I will skip our short Amsterdam excursion and still arrive with everyone else... yay :) Good results in the end. What an adventure!

The great news is I'm packed and ready to go... the bad news is I already said goodbye to everyone and I'm not happy about doing that again. So the plan is to lay low and pretend I'm already gone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment