Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Best friends in the world!

As you all know by now, we have babies on the way :)  There are days that I feel like the time will never pass fast enough because I just want to meet them...  This week was disappointing because I was not cleared to travel to our big MTW retreat where I would have gotten to reconnect with old friends and even my mom who is going to be there doing childcare!  Alas.  These little ones are worth it!  And God knows exactly what He is doing in His timing, so I trust Him!  We just continue to pray for health and a full-term delivery for our two babies!

Back to best friends in the world... since moving overseas, God has blessed me more than I could have imagined by dear friends and family back home.  My friend Amy is wonderful and since I will not be able to travel to be in the states for a baby shower before the twins are born, she offered to throw me a virtual baby shower!  If you would like to take part, you can join the baby shower by clicking on this link...  :)

God has quite a sense of humor.  I work with babies all the time and when I found out I was pregnant I was determined to be low-key about the whole baby thing.  Not buy much stuff, we don't really have room in our house for a nursery, baby can sleep in a pack and play, no need for a stroller, just strap the baby on and go... etc.  And then the humbling news of twins and the reminder that I only have two hands.  Goodness... all the sudden we needed two carseats, a stroller, a swing so that one could be happy while I tend to the other.  God is forever humbling me and making me eat my words...

Guess what mom said she would never put her 3 year old in preschool?  Guess where Andres is from 7-10:30 every morning?  You got it!  Preschool :)

All that to say.  I am a work in progress and learning so much about being a mom and even a good friend and I am so thankful for those who are examples for me and who love me so well!


No comments:

Post a Comment