Monday, October 27, 2014

Welcome to the Family

For those of you who are part of God's family, you have a new sister!

Last week I got to hang out with C and take her shopping.  She had earned some extra money for clothes and we had a great time just spending time together and getting to talk about deep things for the first time since she moved in.  I have been so sad to not get as much one-on-one time with her as I wish that I could, but God has been gracious and provided others to speak His truth into her life.  Doña Oneyda has been talking with her about her salvation and Amy has been leading her through a Bible study on the basics of the Gospel.

I asked her what she has learned since coming to Puerta de Esperanza and her response encouraged me and blew me away at how quickly God can change a heart.
I have spent such a long time feeling pressure to live up to God's rules for my life.  I just knew that I had to be good for Him to love me and to be able to go to heaven.  It was so hard because I knew that no matter how hard I tried, I always did things wrong.  I have learned in Bible study and through all the  many Scriptures that Amy has shown me that God's love isn't like that.  He gives me His love as a free gift.  He sent me His son to make a bridge for me to get to Him.  I just have to trust in Him and He will give me forgiveness and grace.  I feel so free.
Thanks be to the Lord!  And a huge thank you to Amy who stepped in to help with PDE at the last minute and has been an amazing blessing.


This is why we do what we do.  The ultimate goal is not to give girls an education or job skills.  Its not to teach them how to be moms and budget and give them a solid family connection.  Those are all wonderful outcomes :)  But the real reason and purpose that God has called us to this ministry is this... to see them come to know the Lord in a real way and to trust in His grace.  I get giddy excited when I see them understand the Gospel really for the first time!


To that end, I want to make a push here... we still need monthly and one-time supporters.  I will not be able to travel to the states until next fall at the earliest to visit new churches and families to raise more support.  In the meantime, we desperately want to be able to keep accepting new girls into the home and praying that God will give more of them C's story of coming to faith in Him.  Please consider supporting us...  our support number is 92413 for Puerta de Esperanza.  This website tells you how to give online, set up monthly giving, or send a check.
http://www.mtw.org/Pages/GIVE_FAQ.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment