Saturday, September 27, 2014

Timing, Provision, and Goodness

Quite frankly, I'm amazed... amazed at the Lord's timing, His provision, and His goodness.

The last five weeks have been really hard on a personal level.  Bed rest was very hard for me and led to some days of real depression, thus making it a hard time for my whole family as well.  Tuesday we were thrilled to get the news that although the hematoma is still there, it is getting better and I can get up for short amounts of time.  I am still being really careful and only leaving the house for a few hours a day when I feel good.  But it has made a huge difference.  I am interacting with people, feeling a little more useful, and I have a new found thankfulness for any little thing that I am able to do.  The babies continue to grow well and this week we got to find out that we are having a girl and boy :)  The whole family was beyond excited!!!

As for the Lord's provision, let me just say that PDE has never run so smoothly in the nearly three years that it has been open.  I attribute that 100% to the Lord's goodness to us and the amount that He has allowed us to learn since we opened.  We changed a lot of our rules and guidelines and how we do things and the new girls have responded amazingly well.  For the first time on Wednesday I was able to go sit over there for a few hours and talk to the girls and get to know them and see them in the home.  I was so encouraged!!!  Here's a little update...

C and A - C is learning how to sew as our older C-girl hasn't been working this month and has been at home to teach her.  She is a good cook and has been really helpful around the house.  She is good mom and learning to be more consistent with her son.  She misses her mom and looks forward to finishing out her first month at PDE so that they can have a visit.  A is mal-nurished, so he was at clinic this week to figure out how we can change his diet to get him more of the vitamins and nutrients that he needs.  I am thankful for Dr. Roger and that he keeps me up to date even though I can't do to the clinic with the girls at the moment.  A is happy and loves playing, eats well, and was thrilled when we pulled down some sandals in his size out of the closet!

K - Honestly this is the more shocking to me.  We knew coming in that K was going to be more on the challenging side.  She comes from a harder background, is very honest, and not afraid of upsetting people or making you feel bad.  But she has done great!  She saw her mom once, a really difficult lady, and after the visit she said, "Well, I was missing her, but not anymore!"  She also told Ashley that she sometimes takes a shower, just because she has one.  She does not come from a home with running water!  She hasn't had any behavior problems and little by little we see her attitude changing to be less negative.

Please pray for both of these girls to know Jesus!

Lastly, I interviewed a new girl this week... 14 and pregnant, due with a little girl in November!  We met a few times to talk and its nearly certain that she will move in the first week of November and then the baby will be born at the end of the month.  We will soon be back to having a full house!


No comments:

Post a Comment