Thursday, September 18, 2014

The pressure

I feel pressure to write a new blogpost.  Really, I feel like I should be doing just about anything useful at this point in time!  I was not made for bed rest.  Seriously... doing nothing should not be so exhausting.  But things are getting better, the little ones are growing, and every day is a good reminder to ask the Lord for their good health and safety and praise Him for the opportunity to parent two new little lives.

I have really had to step back from PDE during this time.  Its been hard to be honest.  In the last 2 1/2 years I have never been so uninvolved with what is going on or so out of touch with the lives of the girls who are living there.  And in the beginning I thought this was going to be a short-term thing, so I tried to still run things and manage from the safety of my bed.  But you know what?  That's stressful... to know every little thing that isn't running quite right and yet not be able to do anything about it.  So I gave up on micro-managing.  And I'm a control freak, so that was hard for me.  But guess what?  They are doing fine, great actually!

This week the girls started Bible study with Amy on a general overview of the truth of the Gospel and how it affects our lives.  They got a small gift of birthday money since the new girls have birthdays within 2 weeks of one another, and they were able to go get a new outfit.  Friday they will celebrate birthdays with chinese food and cake.  They aren't fighting or being rude and seem to be adjusting well.  C, our PDE veteran, is off work for the month following her surgery and is passing along her skills of sewing and jewelry-making to give them something to keep them busy.  They are getting involved in church and seeming to get along well with the house moms.  Honestly, I couldn't be happier!

Another reminder.  God doesn't need me.  And yet He lets me have a front seat view as He works and moves.  What a privledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment