Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Almost time for move in day...

Tomorrow is a big day at PDE!



Lyssa and Ashley are picking up our new girls early afternoon and they will get signed in before dinner :)  I hope to get send my camera and get some great pictures to share with you.  I know the girls are excited, but there are always nerves that go along with it.  Tomorrow they will say goodbye to their old life and with it their families.  We have a mandatory month period where they can't talk to their families to give them time to adjust, so its always emotional.  Please be praying tomorrow for C and her son A and for K and her unborn daughter.  Pray for a smooth transition, wisdom for the house moms, lots of patience all around, and more than anything that these girls would know Jesus!

I am still on bedrest and won't be able to be there, which is very sad to me.  Its hard to know that it will be awhile before I can spend time with these girls and really get to know them, but it is a good exercise in faith and trusting that they are in God's hands!  Our team's awesome intern Amy is lending some of her time to lead weekly Bible studies and do some one-on-one discipleship with the girls and I am so thankful for her!  Ashley and Lyssa have been awesome in getting paperwork together and preparing the girls.  Lyssa has been to lots of doctors appointments and gotten to really dig in deeper in her friendship with K during this time.  So God is providing in many ways even when I cannot be physically present.

For those of you praying for my health, thank you!  Three weeks ago the ultrasound found a rather large hematoma and I am on day 20 of bed rest (but who's counting?) :)  Yesterday we got good news that the hematoma is HALF the size that it was before and we are moving in the right direction.  I will continue on strict bed rest until it completely goes away, so we're not sure how much longer that will be.  But please keep praying!  The twins are growing well and its been fun to have ultrasounds often so that we get to see them every step of the way!  I will be considered a high risk pregnancy until they are born and probably not get back to my normal schedule for awhile, but I look forward to the day that I can go and sit over at PDE and spend time with the newest members of our family.

Thank you for all of your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment