Monday, August 25, 2014

Who in your family has twins?

I knew I was in trouble when I went in for an ultrasound at 8 weeks and the tech started chuckling... I just don't know that that's a very good sign!  She follows with, "Who in your family has twins?"  I'm sorry... why are you asking me that?  Are you kidding?  What in the world?!?

I must say I spent a good week in shock, but once I finally got my head wrapped around the news I could not be more excited that we are having TWINS!  My mind still races sometimes keeping me up at night thinking through the details... but that's the curse of being type A.

I wrote this post a few days after finding out about the twins and I will say it again... God is good at giving us more than we can handle.  I was set to have a baby.  I take care of babies all the time, what's one more?  I wasn't even going to worry about buying much stuff... give me a moby wrap to strap that baby on and we'll be good to go.  You think God sensed that I was being a little over-confident?  Now I'm researching double strollers and trying to figure out how we're going to survive without a mini-van!  Thankfully God gave me a very low-key husband who has been excited from the first moment he heard and keeps me from freaking out too much.  And I just keep reminding myself that God knew before he sent us twins where we live, what the hospitals are like, what car we drive... He's got it under control. :)  So thankful to be able to trust so completely in a God who knows our every need.

This week we had a new adventure with some pregnancy complications.  All I can say is... please don't make me stay on bedrest until February... there are not enough seasons of TV shows.  But really, on Wednesday we had a little scare, but were so thankful to find out that both babies have strong heartbeats and are growing well!  I just have to be on bedrest for a few weeks until a follow-up ultrasound can show how things are going.  I am doing my best to obey doctor's orders and do... nothing.  And its actually been fine, except for the 17 hour power outage.  If we could avoid being without fans or AC again while I'm laying in my stuffy bedroom, that would be nice!

Teammates are being great helping out with PDE stuff and Lesther and his family and other friends are taking good care of us, so I cannot complain.  So thankful for people who love us and who are praying!  Please praise the Lord with us for these two little lives and pray for no more complications and that they will join our family healthy and well in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment