Monday, August 25, 2014

A first for PDE

Today Lyssa is taking a girl from La Fe to visit PDE and meet the house moms!  When K moves in the second week in September, she will be the FIRST girl to come into PDE pregnant!  Its a new adventure :)  Who doesn't need new adventures?!?

K is 15 years old and about 5 months pregnant.  I was privileged to meet her the same day that Dr. Greg gave her her first ultrasound and she got to see her healthy baby girl!  She is really excited and was glad to see it wasn't twins after having just talked to me :)

The family situation that K comes from is really tough.  Two of her brothers are involved in Peter Project with Kate and Mandy and they have seen firsthand how difficult of a home life it is.  There is often not enough food to eat and mom is pretty explosive and unpredictable.  When I first sat down and talked to K about life and her future, I asked her what kind of mom she wants to be.  Her first response was, "not like my mom."  Kind of tough when that's the example that you've had.  So I asked her if she knows anyone who is the kind of mom that she wants to be and she could not think of one example of loving mom that she would want to follow.  I feel the weight of that as I will be living out my life as a mom in front of her... it is not always pretty, sometimes we are a mess.  But I pray that in the midst of my motherhood she would see Jesus and grace and lots of forgiveness and love and maybe learn something.

Pray for K as she prepares to move in with us.  She is rough around the edges, to say the least, but I really believe that God has big plans for this girl.  She is honest and tough and believes the world has wronged her.  She believes God exists, but it doesn't go much further than that.  So pray for her to know Jesus and the freedom that comes with that!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment