Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Oh the joys

The joys of being on bedrest... some sarcastic and some very real joys!
* Listening to the kids run around like crazy in the morning and knowing that they are going to be late to school, but being unable to help or do anything about it.
* Having to ask for help... I really hate that one.  I would much rather be the helper than the helpee :)
* Watching 2 seasons on 24 in a span of 4 days... don't judge.  There isn't much to do around here!
* Having more power outages in our neighborhood this past week than we have had in the last year.  Good timing power company!
* Looking forward to a daily shower b/c its the longest I get to be out of bed!
* More time to do homework and start the school year off well with my kids
* Church at home with the family and sweet prayers with the kids
* Resting, a lot.
* Listening to lots of sermons
* Being reminded that God is in charge and not me!

As I have laid in bed for a full week now it has been hard not to feel like I am letting people down.  But listen, life goes on, and God's timing is still perfect.  This week while I did nothing, God put it on one of my supporters' hearts to up their support by $100/month!  Wow.  This is a huge answer to prayer because I am overwhelmed by two infants and what that will mean for a support trip any time in the near future.  I talked to the lawyer earlier this week who has made contact with a possible psychologist.  She will meet with her tomorrow and if it looks promising, set me up for a phone interview with her.  And I got a call this morning about a potential girl for PDE who is coming out a children's home near Tegucigalpa.  Since she isn't here, I wouldn't have met with her in person anyway, but am setting up phone interviews.  So God keeps opening doors and reminding me once again that He has got it all under control!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment