Saturday, April 26, 2014

Semana Santa


The girls and babies came and stayed with us for Holy week, the week before Easter.  Its really kind of party week in Honduras and lots of people come to La Ceiba to go to the beach.  The girls stayed out in our neighborhood and we choose not to leave very much because of all the crowds.  Which led to...
Hammock time, Dance parties, yummy cookouts, and some swimming...











I'll be honest, I was a little nervous about how it would be to have them so closeby, but we loved it.  I loved it, my kids loved it, Lesther loved it.  It was such a sweet time of fellowship and feeling like a big family.  I think everyone felt like they were on vacation and got to have a nice break and spending so much time with them led to some great conversations.  I can honestly say that I know each of them better than I did two weeks ago!

There are problems, these girls are far from perfect.  And there are days that its hard to see that they are learning and growing.  There are days of temper tantrums, cuss words, fighting, and bad attitudes.  There are tears and hurt feelings.  But I am so thankful for the many glimpses that the Lord gives me of growth and change.  I love this picture...
It wasn't but a few months ago that these two were at each others throats constantly.  They fought and annoyed each other, they insulted one another and swore they would never be friends.  And then... this happened :)  God is awesome isn't He?!?





No comments:

Post a Comment