Thursday, November 21, 2013

Visas

Tuesday morning I prayed outside the embassy with Nicolle before they went inside... we prayed that we would trust that whatever God gives us is the best thing for us, even when it isn't what we want.

I wish that had stopped me from being nervous, but it didn't :) The two hours that my family was inside having their interviews was terrible! But ended with the great news that Lesther's mom and our three kids have visas to travel to the states! Praise the Lord! We are so excited that we will get to be in NC for Christmas :)

This has been a long process, let me give you just a taste...


Papers sent from Nicolle's mom in Italy, 4 papers sent off to the capital to be apostalized at the office of foreign affairs, passport dates, wrong passports, new passports, wrong information to the embassy, changing of information, kids' moms coming with us everywhere, finding out that grandma has to come too, rental van, Andres having a seziure Monday morning as we get on the road, car sickness, another visit to immigration for more papers... are you tired yet?

I told someone not that long ago that I had no idea how complicated living in another country would be. In the states I think I used a lawyer approximately never. And now I feel like I have him on speed dial and he has more than his fair share of my money!

But I can say with confidence. It is all worth it. To travel with my family, to visit the rest of my family, to meet my friends and my home church... I have never felt so blessed.

Here are some pictures of the Tegucigalpa trip with the crazies:)












No comments:

Post a Comment