Monday, November 4, 2013

A little joy

A little joy for your morning today.

In being a month of thanksgiving, today I just want to take a minute to thank the Lord for the work that He is doing in Puerta de Esperanza.  Every day I see little glimpses of how much the girls are growing and changing.  I am thankful for the local church that has taken them in and welcomed them.  I am thankful for our two house moms who see this as a ministry, not just a job.  I am thankful for my husband and kids who support this ministry and are willing to take on 8 new members to our family for all kinds of special events and celebrations at a moments notice.  I am thankful that these girls have gifts and skills that I don't have and that it gives them great joy to teach me Spanish, Honduran cooking, street smarts, whatever.  And most of all I am thankful for Jesus and that this ministry belongs to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment