Friday, November 15, 2013

Global Missions Conference

This past week I went to MTW's Global Mission's Conference in Greenville, SC. It was wonderful. It was also exhausting truth be told :) But I would go again! And probably will... shameless plug... you should go in three years whoever you are, wherever you are... its worth the effort to get there!




We had a team Honduras booth and got to hang out with our teammates who are on HMA (home ministry assignment in the states) who we hadn't seen in about 4 months! And we got to hang out with our teammates who are still in training and raising support mode trying to get to the field. We talked to tons of people interested in ministry, in Honduras, in what Jesus is doing around the world.




Personally I ran into people I haven't seen since my trainings with MTW which were almost 4 years ago, can you believe that?!? It was so fun to see where everyone is now and how they have seen God at work.



I also ran into church people and college friends and all manner of others who have a heart for taking Jesus' Gospel to the nations.







The conference itself was great and challenging and just a good reminder as to why we are here and what God has called us to do. Truth by told my favorite part of the whole conference was a break-out session by one of the RUF ministers where I furiously scribbled 4 1/2 pages of notes in 40 minutes. He was teaching on evangelism, and where usually find myself disagreeing with talks on evangelism, this time I felt like everything clicked. Its not evangelism itself I disagree with of course, just methodology. For the first time I was hearing someone teach on what I do, have done, and believe is the most effective way to reach people relationally with the Gospel. I was so very encouraged.



All that to say. I recommend this conference and when they have it again, you should go.



Also we printed up WAY too much material so if you want a prayer card and don't have one, I have about 800 so just let me know and I'll get you one.



One big reason for going to the conference was making contacts for possible new supporters, missions conferences where I can speak, new church connections, etc. We still need about $2800/month to be at budget. If you know of people, churches, missions conferences, etc. that would like to hear a missionary talk about single moms, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment