Thursday, October 17, 2013

Refocus

"Joyful Jesus, forgive me for the ways I can reduce life with you to fine worship or stately buildings, dignified gatherings, or efficient organizations, influence or importance.  I pray that your church and my life would be reckless with love for you, captive to the rhythm of your kindgom joy, glorying and enjoying you.  Amen" - Westminster Larger Catechism

Last night at Bible study we were studying something along this line and I was just so struck with it again.  God made us who we are and gave us what we have.  He doesn't need our programs, our childrens' homes, our good teaching.  He uses us because it is His will to do so.  But what He wants from us is our heart and our worship, our reckless love for Him.  And in that He gives us joy in expanding the kingdom and seeing new people begin to walk with Him.

It really is my heart's prayer that I not get too caught up in doing for the Lord that I forget to just be with Him, revel in my adoption as His daughter, and enjoy living a life of peace in relationship with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment