Friday, October 11, 2013

A Meeting a Long Time Coming

First let me just say that, although not angels, the girls have been doing great!  The Lord really used our big blow up a few weeks ago to get their attention.  I devised a whole new system of chores and charts and behavior system.  I hate it personally, even though it was my idea.  I hate it because it feels more like a system and less like a family.  But coming from where they have come from, they need it.  And it struck me that maybe I have been doing them an injustice by not offering them the structure that they really need.  So for now we have this...

The women on our Honduras team took a retreat together last week that was AWESOME!  It was spiritual renewal, physical renew (read: sleep!), fun and new games, speakers from the states who came to pour into us, and good community building.  And we went to Roatan, which for me meant a double purpose because Y's mom lives there!

Y and her daughter J have lived with us for a year and a half and I have spoken to her mom on the phone, but never met her.  We have been trying to get her to sign papers to take her out from under the control of Social Services, but she has never come to the mainland to sign.  So, last Thursday we met!  She signed papers and brought her older daughter.  I had a great visit with them, about 2 hours.  She told her her life story and all about Yajaira.  We talked about Jesus and hope for the future.  Please pray for this family to one day have full reconciliation!


No comments:

Post a Comment