Monday, April 9, 2012

Jesus has overcome

Its been a sad week in some ways because it brought some unexpected grieving and goodbyes.  And this coming weekend we’ll be saying goodbye to Caitlin too.  And I’ve been confronted with sin and brokenness and sadness… so many reminders that we are not made for this world.  Broken relationships, hatred, spite, pain, greed… this is not where our hearts will ever find rest.

But today is Easter, my favorite day of the year!  I was sad to not be at home singing “On the first day of the week…” with my dad at the sunrise service.  But regardless of where I worshipped today, the message is the same.  He is Risen… He is Risen indeed.

And I needed this reminder today, God has overcome death.  He tells us not to fear because HE has overcome the world!  He is taking death, sin, sadness, brokenness, pain and making all of the hard things come untrue.  He is redeeming His people, His world by the power of HIS mighty hand.  And we can trust that. 

I praise the Lord for the glimpses of this redemption that I get to see everyday in the girls and babies.  A girl who is starting to understand grace and experience freedom from guilt and shame, a sweet thank you that is finally comes unprompted from a thankful heart, a hug that says I trust you, hands raised in worship to our redeemer… the list could go on and on.  But its redemption, and I get to see it.  And all of this because our Lord conquered sin and death and sadness and showed once and for all that HE will have the last word.  Praise the Lord for that!

This song has been in my head all day, so I thought I’d share it…

"I Will Rise" – Chris Tomlin

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise, I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes


And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"

No comments:

Post a Comment