Saturday, April 14, 2012

Campamento

It’s a week late in coming, but I wanted to share a little bit about the retreat that we went on with our church here.  I was able to get some pictures to capture it for you.

Here we are with some friends that rode there and back with us… and by that I mean Jansen drove Kate’s car the whole time while I tried to keep up behind him :)

IMG_5283

The worship music was excellent.  We were excited because the band from the La Ceiba church opened the first session.  We were excited to be there and pray for them and support them as they led in front of such a big group.

IMG_5286

As you can see, this was no little conference.  There were between 3000-4000 people there!

IMG_5290

The teaching was really good.  It focused on three concentric circles, the glory of God, faith, hope, and love, and spiritual disciplines, evangelism, and discipleship.  They taught on how all these things are connected and brought everything back to living for God’s glory.

IMG_5292IMG_5293

I was so excited to be able to take the girls to this conference and have them experience such rich teaching from God’s Word.  I would be lying if I said I was able to pay attention in Spanish for 3 days straight.  I may or may not have cheered when one speaker started in English and it was translated.  It was such a brain break for me :)  But it was great.  Please join me in praying for the girls that what they learned from the Word will take root and grow in them.  I long to see the Lord change their lives and show them real joy and hope in HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment