Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Babies, babies, babies

I hate that I can’t show these babies sweet faces, but I tried to get some pictures to share. 

Yesterday it was just me and babies hanging out after naptime when I sent all the moms to get their birth certificates and other papers in order.  They look like they are playing so sweetly, but the play telephone gets taken away more than they get to play with it.  Amazing… one year olds aren’t good sharers :)

100_5256

These two are four months apart and I take my hat off to anyone who is the mother of twins.  They are the best of friends until they punch each other in the face.  J is such an instigator… she takes E’s toy with no regard for the fact that he is bigger, stronger, and likes to push her over.  In a second she is crying and he is looking at me with his big eyes that say “What?  What did you expect me to do?”  100_5289

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tried to catch a classic example for you.  J is using Elmo as the classic head hitting tool and when easy-going E tries to crawl away she follows him.  The girl is a glutton for punishment.  She doesn’t give up until she’s been pushed over.

100_5284

100_5285

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Last night W was inconsolable.  He didn’t want to eat or be held or lay in the hammock… all his favorite things.  I went in the kitchen to watch my hands and he was mesmerized by the running water.  Babies are so weird.  But I gave in and we spent 3 minutes watching running water because at least he wasn’t screaming :)

Seriously, these little ones have stolen my heart.  Can you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment