Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas concert

When I think Christmas concert I think Peace Church.  Mary did you Know, Happy Birthday Jesus, all manner of congregational talent, and special memories of singing with my dad and Gary Hodge (and other family members when we could talk them into it).

This years’ Christmas concert experience will be a little different!  My church here, Gran Comision, is having a big Christmas concert with a Gospel presentation through drama.  I have no idea what that really means except that they are going to clearly share the Gospel in Spanish, which is exactly what our kids need to hear day after day.  It’s a big deal and will be packed out.  We’re taking around 15 people ourselves.

Usually I tell you about stuff we do with the kids after the fact, but today I’m asking you to pray.  Wednesday night 9 of our kids will hear the Gospel clearly, please pray that God opens their ears to hear His Word.

And I’m excited for the music :)  Feels like its really Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Girl - it was an AMAZING concert! Beautifully presented! Carol of the Bells was one of the most beautiful renditions I've heard - and it's hard enough to sing in English - in Spanish is was moving! Can't wait to hear how it goes - the girls had an AMAZING time last night! Prayers your boys hearts will be filled!

    ReplyDelete