Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A ridiculous day

This is the end of a ridiculous day. It’s been exhausting and emotionally draining. I’ve run late everywhere that I’ve gone and I didn’t even begin to answer my phone every time it rang. And yet, in the midst of a crazy day – a crazy life… I am so at peace. The LORD is good to remind me that HE is more than enough for me at every moment and in every way.

***Aside: to explain the precious baby pictured on my facebook…
I have had the privilege of loving on and caring for little Wesley for the past couple weeks while his mom makes some big life decisions. He is stealing my heart a little bit more every day and I am blown away by the miracle of life. My God is a brilliant creator who not only creates tiny little people who are fully functional, but He gives them sweet little personalities that grip your heart every time they grin or laugh or act like rolling over is the hardest thing they will ever have to do!

That said… let me tell you one way the Lord encouraged me today. In the midst of running late, I had a hungry baby and too many errands to run in downtown Cary. So after visiting the tailor and waiting in a 30+ minute line at the post office, it was way past eating time. Ashworths drugstore seemed like a great place to get bottle-temperature water, and I got a diet coke to validate my presence (and b/c I was thirsty and caffeine addicted). Babies have a way of attracting people and I spent the next twenty minutes talking to the nicest 90 year old Scottish man who told me all about his family, his time in the Royal Navy, and his infant grandson. So precious! And then the high school kid at the counter didn’t make me pay for my drink. What small blessings… but they made my day.

Also, the Lord’s provision… I did a support presentation on Sunday night and heard from 2 people before the night was out who want to support me. I have NEVER had such a quick response before. I was blown away.

Thank you to each of you who continue to be a blessing to me and show me little glimpses of the Lord. I love it. And thank you to John at Ashworths. I loved meeting you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love hearing how you're doing! I'll be praying for you as you continue to care for this baby and get ready for this next chapter in your life. Can't wait to meet you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete