Monday, April 26, 2010

Awesome Sunday

Yesterday was just a good day. It started out with church in the morning and this quote on the bulletin cover...
"The great thing to remember is that, though our feelings come and go, His love for us does not. It is not wearied by our sins, or our indifference; and, therefore, it is quite relentless in its determination that we shall be cured of those sins, at whatever cost to us, at whatever cost to Him" - CS Lewis Mere Christianity

I love the truth of this quote and I love that the Lord is a relentless pursuer of people, particularly me. I love that He is faithful on the, oh so many days, that I am not.

So, that was church and then birthday lunch with my family where I got many fun gifts, but especially a picture baby book that my mom made for me online! It was a great surprise!

Last night was my last night at Peace Church youth group :( Todd did an amazing job planning a goodbye party with kids bringing pictures for a scrapbook and cards that I have only begun to read b/c there were so many of them, and a slideshow of the last couple years. It was really fun to be loved on by my church family and reminded of God's faithfulness to me over the last 5 years. I have worked the best job I could have possibly asked for and I am going to miss it like crazy. I honestly can't believe my time at Peace is almost over... I'll post some pictures and other thoughts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment