Friday, March 19, 2010

Sweetest prayer

Last night I did a presentation at the home of some good friends. When asked if they could pray for me afterwards, I of course said yes! The sweetest time came when their elementary school daughter prayed for me and for the people of Honduras. She hadn't missed a beat of the things that I was saying in my presentation and prayed for the Lord to meet the people's needs. She prayed for me to enjoy my time there and to be safe. It was so sincere and heartfelt and I loved it. Afterwards she kept asking me all the "why" questions... why can't we just take plane loads of food there for them? Why can't we just pay for them to move up here and get jobs? Why can't we send lots of doctors there to help them?

I just really loved and appreciated her passion and fervency to see change happen for the little community that she had seen in the video. I want to have that... in a more realistic way probably :) But still, I want to have that heart for the people of La Ceiba... that I would pray for physical and Spiritual relief for them and that I would be constantly asking the Lord for wisdom and discernment to see that happen.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that prayer also! I was reminded to pray for your safety as well. Bon voyage soon!

    ReplyDelete