Tuesday, March 16, 2010

going newsletter crazy

Two posts in one day... this hasn't happened since Belgium. I got excited that I figured out how to get my newsletter to show on my blog, so I'm also going to share with you another newsletter. I just found out today that I will be attending Disaster Response Training with MTW in May of this year. Also, my dad and Rick Chapman are coming... how fun is that? And my friend Kelly is helping with the training... all fun things. So, what is disaster response? Great question. In answer, you can read this newsletter... click here. MTW just sent a couple of teams to Haiti. Two of the articles are written by my teammates, Erin and Mike Pettengill, who have both been trained to go with the disaster response teams.

In other news... this week I have been dying to learn Spanish. Seriously. I was at the post office yesterday, to mail my taxes of course and renew my passport, yay! This couple came in and didn't speak much English at all. The post office lady was trying to be helpful but just kept saying "donde" over and over again, which wasn't helpful if you didn't figure that out for yourself. And I wanted to help translate, but honestly, I couldn't figure out exactly how to say, "when do you want your package to arrive at its destination and do you want insurance?" in Spanish and I was kind of afraid that if I pretended like I knew something and then couldn't understand them it would only be more frustrating. Three years from now... I will be able to help random strangers at the post office... and that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment