Tuesday, December 8, 2009

PC Rendevous 2009

I promise to post about Honduras and support before the end of this week... but I need one more tangent post... This past weekend two dear friends from college came to visit! I consider myself more than blessed to have Krissie and Amy nearby and I get to see them often. Having Cassie and Aimee was just an extra special time! And we got to play with Aimee's two little ones, Tyus and Eli... so precious. Here's a picture of us before we left the boys with Maggie while we went to dinner. I just cannot even begin to tell you how encouraging this time with them was. It has been 5 years almost since we were all together and the Lord has done a lot in our lives since then. I have personally been in a dry spot with the Lord recently. I've been feeling like I want to learn, but I'm just not getting anything new. I have just been so complacent. But talking to them about the hard things that life has thrown at us, either personally or in our ministries, or with our friends... we just kept coming back to the grace of God. How much we need it personally and how much we need to show it to others. I feel like I am so acutely aware right now of my need for grace and the Gospel. And yet, so excited to remember that the Lord is so much bigger than all of my failures. I was excited to get to talk on Sunday night to the youth about being excited about Christmas and remembering that it was through Jesus that God CAME to earth to dwell among us and exhibit the character of God in a visible way to the world. I am so thankful for that! “I cannot get away from the wonder of these words, “He came.” The story of pity and mercy and redeeming love are all here in two words, “He came.” All the pity that God is capable of feeling, all the mercy that He is capable of showing and all the redeeming grace that He could pour out of His heart are at least suggested here in two simple words: “He came.” All the hopes and longings and aspirations and dreams of immortality that lie in the human breast had their fulfillment in those two words.” A.W. Tozer Love it. Here's some fun pictures of our time! Cassie and Ty at Panera  

This is a tired Eli!

No comments:

Post a Comment