Wednesday, December 9, 2009

everyone loves a Christmas tree!

I think in honor of Christmas, we should just pretend that this chart is full of cute and well decorated Christmas trees... who wouldn't want to sponsor one?!? You'll have use your imaginations because remaking my chart was way too much work!














Great news! I now have 59% of my monthly supported pledged! And I have just passed one-third of my needed one-time support. The Lord continues to provide for me. It seems as though things have slowed down recently. But I'm praying that is due to the busyness of the season, I have not not gotten discouraged... the Lord has all the money and when He is ready for me to have it and be fully funded, I will be.

Yesterday Megan and I got the opportunity to speak at my grandmothers Bible study. They were having a Christmas luncheon and chose to use their time together to hear about what the Lord is doing around the world. What a blessing! These women were really sweet and very encouraging. I know that this Bible study group will pray faithfully for us! Please pray that the Lord stirs some of their hearts to give financially as well.

One quick story about yesterday...
One of the older women in the group came up to me and started chatting. She ended up saying, "You know, some days I wish I could be young again. I didn't have faith in the Lord when I was your age and never would have done something like this. Now that I believe, the Lord is going to have to use me to other things... but there are days I wish I could go back." Wow. The Lord really reminded me that He has called me... first to Himself to walk in relationship with Him from a young age, and then clearly called me overseas. I'm so thankful for both of those things.

Last update: (This is what happens when you don't post for awhile, you actually have something to say!) Last week I bought my plane ticket to go to Belgium for cross-cultural training! I will be gone from January 9th-February 11th. It's amazing that its really happening and honestly, not all that far away!

If any of you is interesting in year-end giving, please let me know or send a donation to...
Mission to the World
PO Box 116284
Atlanta, GA 30368

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! You have so much to be grateful for :) I hope the next few weeks are extra special and that you have an amazing time at pre-field training. You will definitely be blessed from what you will learn there.

    PS I love the Christmas Tree :-D

    ReplyDelete