Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grace in Practice

I have been praying a lot recently about what grace looks like practically played out in my life. What does it look like to really love people, especially when its hard. One of the big things I've realized is how much easier it is to offer forgiveness for something that has happened in the past... it is so much harder to offer continual forgiveness for something that is happening in the present. What does grace look like when that person keeps messing up? I am just stunned again to realize that this is my relationship with the Lord. Not only has he forgiven my past, but also my present and my future. He moves towards me in relationship even though I am hard to love and choose other things over Him every day of my life.

Andy used these quotes on Sunday morning... and I've decided I need to read the book that they came from. It's called "Grace in Practice" by Paul Zahl.

"Grace is love that seeks you our when you have nothing to give in return. Grace is love coming at you that has nothing to do with you. Grace is being loved when you are unlovable. It is being loved when you are the opposite of lovable."

"Grace is one-way love"

I ordered the book today on Amazon... I expect great things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment