Thursday, September 17, 2009

Living in Grace

For the past couple days I have been at "Living in Grace" training through MTW in the mountains of NC. It has been such a great time of refreshment for me. Honestly, the material isn't new to me necessarily, but since my life is always changing, it is good for me to be challenged again to apply these concepts to my life. I don't know why some of these things are so easy to forget!

Just a couple of topics that we've covered... the love of God, forgiveness, surrender, humility, repentance. Wow... if I really let these affect my life, it would look so different. I am finding again how my independent spirit and personality so deeply affect my walk with the Lord. I take my attitude of "I can do it myself" right into my relationship with God when all that He asks of me is to surrender and sit back and rest in His grace on my behalf. He asks that I rest in the merit of Jesus instead of trying to earn it myself. He asks that I trust in the power of prayer more than in my ability to "do". He asks that I see others as better than myself. He asks that I deal with my sin 100% in every situation instead of constantly finding someone else to take the blame. And He asks that I let the Gospel actually transform my life... that I would really see the Holy Spirit bringing about change because I am finally willing to surrender.

You can pray for me that the Lord would continue to drive home these truths in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment