Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2 down... 800 to go

Last week marked my second dinner meeting for support raising... yay!

I know I have a ways to go, but I am encouraged to be at 6% of my monthly goal because people have already pledged monthly gifts! If you are interested in being on my partnership/support team, please let me know. I would love to have people start supporting me now - the sooner the better. All the support that comes in between now and when I leave goes toward my one time need of $30,000. I have put a (somewhat fuzzy) chart on here to show my monthly support progress. My final need is $4,100 a month. I am asking people to consider supporting me in incriments of $41 a month, so that could be $41/$82/$164/you get the point:) But any amount is welcome! The circled trees are the pledged support that I have recieved.


Right now this whole process still seems overwhelming, but the Lord has always shown Himself to be a provider and I trust that He will continue to prove Himself faithful now!
This process is a practice of faith, for me as I step out in boldness to ask and wait, and for those who will support me, to trust the Lord to continue to provide for their needs as they make a sacrifice for the kingdom. I'll keep you updated to let you know how the Lord is blessing this process, because I know that He will. Keep looking for more tree charts. Hopefully we'll continue to see more and more pink circles appearing!
Above all... please keep praying for me. It's tough to have good time management and balance the time I need to pour into raising support with time spent to still sustain my job, ministry, and life here. It's also hard to know how much to let me heart move toward my future ministry in Honduras while still wanting to be faithful in ministry here. So, keep me in your prayers as
I seek the Lord's wisdom in these things! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. We are praying girl, we want you here fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree chart! Great idea (might "borrow" it ha ha ). Glad to hear HE is sustaining you. Praying for you chica.

    ReplyDelete