Saturday, September 12, 2009

cutest blog... ?

So the promise of the cutestblogontheblock.com to make MY blog the cutest was probably a misnomer. I am far from it. Please bear with me as I try things out and use my non-artistic eye to try to match colors and such together. Clearly, having a cute blog is not my forte :)

On to more encouraging news however...
This week was a struggle at the beginning. I was feeling rather defeated about raising support in general. And then the ever-present technology struggle got me down as I was trying to get more support info printed and I couldn't seem to get my files right. After about 3 hours the computer won the battle and I just went to bed. I woke up still feeling discouraged. I have sent out lots of letters and talked to lots of people, but I just wasn't seeing pledge cards come in or people making commitments.

It turned out to be a great thing for me. The Lord was quick to remind me that raising support is a lot like being on the field in this way... He is still the one who does the work. I could talk to 300 people, but if He doesn't move their hearts to give generously or to pray, then it won't happen. I had been neglecting the most important part of my own support raising... praying for the Lord to raise up people to partner with me. This realization put me on my knees this week... still not as much as I should be, but I'm getting there.

And in His goodness, He allowed me to see answered prayer quickly! I know this doesn't always happen, but yesterday I had 5 pledges come in bringing me up to 15% of my support! Praise the Lord!

So... thank you to all my new supporters. You were an answer to prayer this week!

Tomorrow I leave for a week at Living in Grace training in the NC mountains. Please be praying for me while I'm there. When I get back I'll try to post an update on what the Honduras team is up to this fall... until then... check out the Pettengills and Mccanns websites!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! Even though you had those times of discouragement, seems like you are still in good spirits. Keep up the momentum. Have a great time at LIG. I enjoyed it immensely :) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete