Monday, August 12, 2013

Sweet Prayers

I've had a hard weekend... some bad news and a lot of sadness.  And for me sadness leads to doubting too much of the time.  Doubting if we are being the parents God wants us to be, if I am doing my job well, worrying about what the future will bring.  But in the midst of it God has given us some really sweet moments.

Sunday morning Nicolle prayed in church in English for the first time!  There was a big summer team there and she just popped right out with a sweet prayer of thankfulness.  And Angel prayed in English in family devotions a few times this week for the first time.  Both of my kids said all of Psalm 23 in English and John 6:44.  And halfway through gringo church Angel leaned over and told me he wanted to hang out with us in the afternoon instead of going back to his mom's house.  The Lord knew I needed my kiddos around yesterday.

There are a thousand things we are doing wrong.  We are not and will never be perfect parents.  I need to swallow that and move on.  And the truth is that our kids need Jesus a lot more than they need us.  So to hear them pray and know Scripture just brings joy to my heart.

Psalm 126:3 "The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!"

He has done and will continue to do great things for us!  And we trust Him, thank Him, and are filled with joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment