Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Peace Church is Here!

I only have a second because I need to be running out the door soon :)

But... I just wanted to share that my home church is here on a week-long mission trip!  YAY!  That includes my dad and my grandma.  And my mom has been here for over 3 weeks now visiting and helping me out, which is a mission trip all in its own rite.

There is a group painting the house at Puerta de Esperanza and the girls have been working right along with them to get it done.  It is so good for the girls to contribute and have some ownership and it has led to lots of conversations about independence because painting is not necessarily a girls' job in this country, but just talking about how they can do things for themselves, they do not have to wait on a man to provide for and take care of them.  Also just spending so much time working alongside of them has led to great conversations for me.  We have been having some struggles with two of the girls, but this week I have just talked a lot about grace, about Jesus, about forgiveness and mercy.  I don't know what the Lord is doing or will do, but I am trusting in HIM.  Please pray for Him to open these two girls' hearts to really walk in relationship with Him and therefore be transformed by Him to be able to love each other well.

More of the Peace team is working in La Fe with the Troxells and Lyssa doing kid's club, some construction, medical clinic, home visits, etc.  I got to stop by yesterday during kid's club and snap a few pictures to share.  They are doing great.

Nan got to celebrate B's birthday with us on Sunday night and spent lots of time snuggling babies.

Today the group will be split again and I think we are actually going to finish painting the house, which is awesome!  So we'll be on to new and different tasks tomorrow.  Please pray for sweet interactions, good conversations, and for Jesus to be seen more and more every day in each of us.

Pray for my kids as this week has rocked their schedule and they are doing things like hanging in La Fe with kids club and having dinner at the dorms with the team every night.  Nicolle has not been feeling good and she starts school tomorrow at 7am.  But overall they are troopers, doing great, and loving having nana darcie, papi bruce, and nan here to visit :)

Also this is Lyssa's last week and we are devestated and trying to process saying goodbye to her as well as being busy.  She is a part of our family and we are going to be so sad when she leaves.  So pray for that as well.

Overall... today I am thankful for Peace, thankful for the support they give me by being here, thankful for Jesus and sweet conversations with the girls, thankful for my kids and that they are healthy, well, and learning more about the Lord every day, thankful for my family, thankful for my husband who fixes ACs and puts screens on windows, and thankful that all of this crazy life belongs to Jesus and He knows it and walks with us every step of the way!

















No comments:

Post a Comment