Saturday, July 13, 2013

Tight Belts

We're sqeezing everything a little tighter around here... trying to moderate our spending and wait on things that aren't necessary right this minute.

For the first time I can say we don't have the money we need to make it to the end of the month with PDE.  I am making a money request for money that once we take it out will not leave enough support for my family when it comes the end of the month.  This is hard.

The truth is, I like to live life with a buffer.  I'm a big fan of insurance, savings accounts, stable jobs, and lay-overs that don't have me sprinting through the airport.  I am a control freak, and seeing that more and more as I enter married life.  I want to know what is going to happen and when.  And I hate when that starts slipping through my fingers.  And it has slipped!

I raised support fast before I came to the mission field.  I came from an amazing church community that held desserts and small group meetings and listened and looked at pictures and prayed over me.  And many of them committed to support me monthly and continue to do so even now.  I am so blessed!  They welcome me with open arms when I go home and I know are anxious to meet my new family.

The thing is, things have changed.  I need more support because I have a family and a ministry.  Where once $4,100/month seemed like a lot, that was for one person.  Now $8000/month needs to support 13 people between my family and PDE girls!  And I don't have that extra $4000/month.  And I'm not there for dessert meetings and small groups and in person gatherings.  And I must admit its hard to not be there.  I have emailed and called over a dozen churches and no one is able to partner with us at this time.  I have gotten in touch with some individuals and families, but that is hard from afar... its ever so awkward to call people you don't know, or even know where to start!  I have been in touch with old short term teams to Honduras, written blogposts, newsletters, etc.  And I have prayed.  Prayed that God would provide, prayed that God would put this ministry on people's hearts, and prayed that God would teach me to trust.

And He is answering.  We have no more money.  Like I said, for the first time we don't have what we need for a month.  and yet, I'm not afraid, maybe for the first time in 3 years.  I still want to beg you to consider supporting us monthly and spreading the word about our ministry.  But I am trusting.  I am taking this money out for the girls daily needs trusting that at the end of the month my paycheck will come.  So praise the Lord for working in this control freak heart of mine to at least learn to lean in and trust that He is in control.

If you want to support us... you can email me at ssinnes@gmail.com.  Or visit mtw.org for donation info.  Our account number is 92413.

No comments:

Post a Comment