Sunday, January 27, 2013

Life in January 2013

This will be a blog post to come back to, just to remember what my life was like at this point in time.  I feel like it is true to say that life ebbs and flows in times of rest and busyness.  Right now is a busy time for me.  I am getting married!  Also getting ready to be a mom, doing ministry, doing paperwork, managing finances, looking for a house, settling thing with my new car, taking the house moms on a retreat, looking for 2 new girls, thinking about visas, checking out schools for bilingual kindergarten, counseling girls, thinking through discipline, raising support, trying to get a store back on track, and then there is just the normal…eating, sleeping, etc.  And that is how I feel like life is these days, all mixed together.  Everything is a big pot of stew with one thing blending right into the next and the  blog is on the back burner in its own pot not getting touched at all! :)

But I would like to give a few updates for you and I will try to put them in sections so they make sense…

Getting married.  The wedding is 5 Saturdays from yesterday, what?!?  Where did time go?  But I’m very ready.  All of the big details are in place, but there seem to still be a thousand little things all the time.  Lesther is wonderful and continues to be so, although he did meet me at the airport with his new pet squirrel.  Have I mentioned that I hate pets?  But he promised me it wouldn’t ever live at our house and after laughing and crying at the same time because I was so tired I can be excited for the kids that they have this nasty little animal at grandma’s house to feed bananas to and enjoy.  He and I have been visiting schools for Nicolle and found a bilingual school that we love where we will enroll her next week.  Angel will continue in Spanish private school this year while we work on English at home.  We found a house!  It is in the neighborhood where we want to live and we love it.  It will be available in April, so we’ll stay in my current house for a month, which actually means less pressure to go out and buy things and nest right away.  But nesting, I’m already doing it, trying to figure out how to make the kids feel at home right away and transition us as a family.  We are praying a lot for our future, really enjoying pre-marriage counseling, and continue to grow as we get to know each other in light of the Gospel.

PDE is doing great.  Jennifer is such a blessing as she keeps my head on straight in ministry.  We leave this afternoon for a 24 hour retreat with the house moms for some rest and relaxation and also training time.  Pray for us please!  Y started with a psychologist this month and I think it is going to be really healthy for her.  It is expensive and time consuming, but all-together worth it.  She is still working at the salon as an intern there and learning how to be responsible to arrive on time, do her job well, follow instructions, and not take things too personally.  They love her, she is learning quickly the beauty skills that she needs, and she does great with the customers.  C just registered for her second semester of college and will start in February.  She is busy learning how to make hairbows and jewelry and anything else she can get her hands on.  This month she found her mom and saw her for the first time in 9 years!  Praise the Lord for forgiveness and reconciliation and continue to pray for them as they build a relationship.  The babies are growing and talking more and doing great!  We still don’t have any new girls for the home and I am learning to trust the Lord that He will provide in His time.

Support raising is kind of at a standstill at the moment.  I am in need of about $400/month personally to make up for lost supporters over the last 3 years and PDE needs about $1500/month to be fully funded.  If you would like to give, the account numbers are 13520 for me personally and 92413 is for PDE.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment