Monday, January 7, 2013

Feliz Año Nuevo!

Happy New Year faithful blog readers.  The past few weeks was a great time of family and friends and ministry and trying to rest and remember Jesus and the Lord’s goodness to us.  A few highlights include Christmas with the girls at our house, taking Y with me to Lesther’s house for New Years, and a New Year’s day trip to the river.  We had a great time and just were able to be and relax and enjoy the beauty of God’s creation.  The end of 2012 also brought some sad goodbyes as we said goodbye to a good friend going back to El Salvador and sent out our old pastor’s family to church plant in Dominical Republic.  I don’t handle goodbyes well, although I think I’m getting better.  But I am excited that God is sending out His people in all directions – from all kinds of places to all kinds of places- to do the work that HE has in mind.  Praise Him for that.  Another excitement to end 2012 was the pledging of $1000/month for this coming year in our ministry here in Puerta de Esperanza.  I was blown away by people’s generosity and God’s faithfulness.  We are a third of the way to our goal.

2013 is going to bring all kinds of change.  I am overwhelmed a little bit on a personal level… there is so much to do!  I am getting married in less than 2 months :)  So so excited about that!  But also feeling like I’m drowning a little bit in the details… I don’t think such thing as a simple wedding exists… I’m trying… but it doesn’t exist.  And I’m about to become mom to three of the greatest kids ever.  I loved getting to do holidays this year with Angel and Nicolle and I’m so ready to start family traditions with them.  But again… 0-3 kids is kind of a big jump in the year of 2013!  I’m doing a quick trip to the states in a few weeks to talk to my personal supporters and trying to get all the details straight as far as MTW stuff, name change, residency, sheesh.  So yeah, change.

Then for PDE things are changing as well.  Both of the girls are busy!  Y is doing a practicum at a salon and works lots of hours.  When she is home she is busy doing laundry and being a mom and trying to get in a little bit of rest.  C is working at the store, about to start back classes at the university, and is doing whatever project she can get her hands on from making bags to hairbows to dresses, whatever.  They are still in small group and doing Bible study and learning about Jesus.  But they are getting to be so much more independent and need me less and less.  That’s good and moving in the right direction… but also really burdens my heart to fill the home and bring in the new girls.

I interviewed 2 girls in December who I will follow up with this week.  I would love to see them both come.  They are really needy and seem ready.  The younger one, I think her mom is going to say no… so pray for that.  If God wants her here, that He changes her mom’s heart.  And if not these girls, that God brings the new girls that He wants to come, and brings them quickly!  I am ready to see this home full and ministering to its full potential!  But pray also that I follow the Lord and His timing.

The store is doing okay, but still not self-sufficient.  We are making some staffing changes to have to pay less people, which is a step in the right direction.  We are also desperately in need of kids summer clothes if anyone would like to send us some!

So there you go… the New year in a nutshell… lots of changes, God’s faithfulness, trying to learn to walk in faith and trust.  And soon to come, a fun update on our babies as they are growing up so fast, we love to see their little personalities coming out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment