Friday, August 10, 2012

There is POWER in the name of JESUS

I have never had to cling to this truth as much as I have this past week.  It has been a week like I never experienced before… full of spiritual warfare, failure, loss, encouragement, support, church family, depression, anxiety, poor choices, provision, and so much more.  But ultimately, the Lord knows exactly what He is doing.  He wrote this week out ahead of time and knew what every day would bring.  Although it surprised and overwhelmed me, it did not surprise Him.

This week our sweet G had to go back to the hospital in Tegucigalpa and will not be able to return to Puerta de Esperanza.  I am so heavy-hearted about this.  And yet, I know that the Lord loves her and knows her and has good in mind for her.  So I am trusting that as I pray the powerful name of Jesus over her life that the Lord is moving and working and drawing her to Himself.  Please pray for all of us as we feel like we have lost a member of our family.  We are praying through how to love and support her when she comes back, even though she can’t live with us anymore.  And more than anything we are praying that the Holy Spirit fills her up and that she knows Jesus in a new and different way than every before.

Losing G from the house also means losing E, although she is unable to care for him.  This means we had to get involved with social services and it is breaking my heart.  I have no answers at the moment.  We don’t know where this sweet little boy will end up.  But again, the Lord knows what he needs and what is best for him.  So we are praying.

Everything about this week has been challenging and I am weary.

And yet, at the same time, the Lord provided three wonderful ladies from a church in SC to bring fabric and sewing machines to spend the week working with Y and C.  It was a much needed spot of joy in every day, and a little bit of a distraction.  They have been flexible, prayed with us, cried with us, and just been an amazing support for all of us in the midst of a really hard week.  I couldn’t be more thankful.

God is good.  The name of Jesus is powerful and great.  We need Him more than we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment