Tuesday, August 14, 2012

On living far from home

Its not homesickness per say, its more of a dull ache that hits me at the most inopportune times.  I would rather be sleeping at 4am than thinking about the fact that I live far away from so many people that I love and a place that is comfortable for me.

It’s provoked by the most random of things… yesterday I was studying English with Carolina and there were lots of “can  you…” questions.  I kept answering yes and when we got to “Can you ski?” she said, “Susana… you can do everything!”  And I just realized I have had so many opportunities to do so many things.  And there are things that won’t happen here… skiing, sailing, other things I love.  But also sitting with friends at chickfila, being in a small group study of Tim Keller in English, having breakfast with my grandma at IHOP, watching my cousin play basketball, etc.  Sometimes its just hard to live far away.

And I love my life here.  I guess that is possible… that I love life in two such very different places.  But some days it is just hard.  And some days I feel the loss in a greater way.

So today I’m just a little bit on the sad side of things.  But ultimately I see the blessing in that I have a place to miss.  And the blessing of really enjoying the place where I live.  Oh… I’m so complicated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment