Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving take 2

I know, I just blogged about Thanksgiving take 1, and now here we are again!

Saturday was my first time ever to cook Thanksgiving dinner without my mom and grandma.  My host family wanted to eat Thanksgiving dinner with Turkey and all the fixin’s, so Melissa came over and we went all out!

Thankfully Maggie had just come so we could get stuff from the states that is super expensive or not available here.  And my mom’s awesome Bible study sent most of it as a gift, so that I could afford to cook Thanksgiving dinner… so MANY thanks to them for yams and onion topping and cranberry sauce and so much more!

The adventure began with the Turkey… 
My host mom’s oven is in Celsius and apparently doesn’t have even heating since the top burned after 30 minutes. (P.S. they really only cook on the stovetop here, I’ve seen her use the oven about 1 time)  But we regrouped and readjusted and it was delicious!

Melissa and I made all kinds of delicious side dishes… Josefa got the stuffing out of the bird. Ariel carved the Turkey… its really not easy to do by the way, especially if you want it to be pretty! Isabella was just being cute and admiring her Uncle Jonas (yes, she calls him Jonas as well as any other handsome guy who reminds her of the Jonas brothers!)

Then we had the people!  My host family and two sets of neighbors… 14 people total. All in all, it seemed to be a hit.  Everyone enjoyed the food and it was fun to cook. My sister informs me that now that I know how to make Thanksgiving dinner, she is never going to learn.  She expects Ali and I to be the Thanksgiving hosts of the future.  Thanks for that… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment