Wednesday, October 7, 2009

this one is for Amy

So... Amy wants an update:) I told her I don't really have anything new and exciting to say, but here goes nothing. Last week was a week full of support meetings and presentations. I really love getting to talk to people about what the Lord is doing and how He is moving my heart towards Honduras. This past week, my team met in Honduras to come up with a plan to move forward in ministry there... I'm excited that one day in the not too distant future, I will be there and a part of their ministry!! I got a little overwhelmed one day saying that I hope to go to language school in April... it's just not that far away! Crazy.

Support raising update... the Lord is so good. I have 33% of my monthly support pledged! Hooray for being a third of the way there! Thanks to all my new supporters!
Please continue to pray for the Lord to raise up new supporters. I need to have at least 50% of my monthly support by mid-November to go to pre-field training. And I have received about $3500 toward my special gifts/one-time support. My goal for that is $30,000 and I have to have most of it before pre-field training... so pray for that to come in also. I don't want to be caught up in money... I'm just thankful for the Lord's provision in SO many ways! He is faithful!
Here are some fun pictures of my small group from the Living in Grace training. I really loved getting to know these women! I'm so excited to see the Lord working in each of their lives. It's going to be fun to stay connected with each other and encourage each other on the field. And many thanks to Dee and Sue, our small group "moms" for loving us so well and giving us so much of their Godly wisdom!

1 comment:

  1. so fun to find your blog (via facebook). have a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete