Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Singled Out...

Today's post has basically nothing to do with Honduras... the Lord is still being faithful to provide support... thanks to you all who are responding by giving! I will update more about that later.

Really I just wanted to share today the single most helpful thing that I have read in the last couple of years relating to singleness and the Lord and how those two things relate. I don't think that I am alone in saying that I struggle with the questions of why as they relate to my current marital status. And I can answer some of them quite well. I have loved my job over the past four years, I loved my community in college, I have grown to love the Lord and depend on Him on ways that I never would have, who knows if I would be going on the mission field if I were married at this time, etc. But even having some of the answers doesn't always stop the questions...

So the real answer. I am single right now because God is so good to me.

If you're single or not, I encourage you to read this article and be reminded of and encouraged by the character of the God that we worship who loves us and is GOOD to us!

http://www.unc.ruf.org/site_content/attachments/0000/1199/Singled_out_for_Good.pdf

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting that. I'm sending it along to several close friends... :)

    ReplyDelete