Thursday, February 13, 2014

New life

If you know me you know there is little in this world that I love more than holding a newborn baby.  I could seriously snuggle a newborn all day long!  So I was so excited when Glenis called me this week to let me know her baby had come.

You may remember that Glenis used to live with us in PDE and is now out on her own living with her boyfriend and his family.  Her life is far from easy, but I am so thankful that she has fought hard to be healthy for her new little one and the past two days when I have gone to see her she has had this smile plastered on her face.  She is so full of joy over this new little life!

We have gone through so much with Glenis and will always consider her part of our PDE family.  Today I was even able to take our house moms over to visit with her, they hadn't seen her in awhile, but were so happy to see her smiling and joyful.  And she was thrilled to see Doña Oneyda, who has been a mother figure for her.

Truth is that it has been rough going and there have been times when I have been unable to go see Glenis for various reasons... but God is always in control and His plans are always bigger and better.  I am so thankful that in this moment I can go see her, hold her new little boy, pray with and for her, talk to her about Jesus, and continue to remind her that she is loved by us and by the Lord.

Pray with me for this little boy and his mom.  Please pray that she will stay healthy and able to be a really good mom for him.  Pray for her to really know and walk with Jesus and pray that for her boyfriend as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment