Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Opression

Opression is the best word that I could come up with for the things in my heart.  I do not personally feel opressed, but I feel heavy-hearted for those who are.  As I am praying and hurting for them today these are the things that come to mind...
Helpless, burdened, scared, stuck, worried

I know two girls right now who are in really tough situations. Both are dear to my heart.  One is pregnant and one thinks she might be.  The situations surrounding these pregnancies and complicated, forceful, unfair, and just sad.  The girls are devestated.  They didn't want this, it was forced upon them  by abuse or deceit or just plain manipulation.

What do you do when you're trapped?  When your wellbeing depends on someone who treats you terribly?  What do you do when you just cry yourself to sleep every night because you feel hopeless.

I want to pack them up in my car and start another kind of home where they can live there and be safe and cared for and have medical treatment and be loved.  And yet... due to different circumstances with each of them, that's not an option.

But God knows.  He is the author of life, the makes or babies, the one who knits us together in our mother's wombs.  He knows these girls intimately, He know all the details.  I can pray.  I can share Scripture with them.  Today I dropped off an mp3 player full of sermons in Spanish to offer some kind of hope in the midst of a dark season.  I can only cling to Christ.  He has to have the answers for this because I have nothing.  In HIM there is hope even when things don't seem to look like what is best or right.

So pray please.  Beg with me for these girls to know Jesus as their Savior, their Father, their first love. Pray that they will cling to Him, be encouraged in Him, that they will know real life because of Him.  And pray for His provision for shelter, food, clothes, kind words... and pray for me to know how to be involved, what to say, how to act, how to show love and grace.  I want to throw punches today, but I am begging the Lord for grace.  Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment