Friday, October 19, 2012

When they want to share…

Yesterday C called me in the morning because she had learned cool things about the Lord and wanted to tell me.  Isn’t that awesome?!?  She is just exploding in how much she is learning about Jesus these days.  She is reading CS Lewis “Screwtape Letters”, and John Piper “Passion of the Christ” with me once a week and then reading Rick Warren “Purpose Driven Life” with a friend from church.  She told me the other day… Susana, I’m just learning so much about the Lord, its
amazing!  And I could not be more excited.  I am of course happy to study with her, but also so happy that she is studying on her own, reading the Bible in the mornings, and making friends at church who push her to know Jesus more.  The Lord is so much bigger than just one gringa missionary.  I long for them to feel connected in the church community here and to really know the Lord and be growing on their own.  And I see that happening and I’m just so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment