Thursday, July 16, 2009

Marathon Preperation

What a week this is turning out to be... and yet the Lord remains so faithful to give me times of rest and productivity in the midst of it all.

We decided on Monday not to take our youth group kids on our short-term trip to Honduras. I know that they are devestated... and I'm not sure that I'm much better except that I was better prepared for the bad news. It was such a tough decision... but in the end we are trusting that the Lord led us to the right decision for our group at this time. Sometimes you just have to trust. Sunday night we sang the song, "Blessed Be Your Name". In it there is a line that says... "You give and take away. My heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be Your name.". I was reminded that the Lord is always purposeful in all that He does. He was purposeful to give us the chance for this trip and to allow us to learn in our preperation. He grew our hearts for Honduras and led me to serve there more full-time as a result. He was not purposeless by any means. Now we just have to be open to what He has to teach us in the new plan.

"Many are the plans of a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Pr. 19:21

As for me personally... today was a marathon prep session for support raising. I really do feel like I got a lot done. I'm again thankful for Megan who takes the time to sit down with me and we keep each other on task and get excited over the little things. I made an info sheet today that took me 4 hours... when you see it you will wonder how that could be? It will look like it should have taken 30 minutes. Oh contraire. For the perfectionist using technology, nothing is as it seems...

And... great news... my prayer card has been sent to the printer... things are happening! One day this will become a reality!

1 comment:

  1. Keep going... I've got free time. If you need help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete