Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First Support Meeting

I am excited to announce another productive moment in the journey of support raising! I have now had my first dinner meeting with some good family friends to practice my support presentation. It was so encouraging. These familes are great friends who gave encouragement and helpful feedback to make my presentation better in the future. Thanks to you all for your patience to listen and help me! In August I will be trying to be in touch with more people and hopefully have many more of these types of meetings.

Spanish learning tool #47, the label maker. You have no idea the many uses for a label maker, and though it went unused for a year in Gary's closet, it has now labeled my entire kitchen and living room from la lampara to la taza. I'm hoping vocab will sink in through observation... right now I can talk about food items, my family, and that's about it... so I really need some vocabulary expansion. Also I watched Sesame street in Spanish the other day... sad when you can't understand a show written for preschoolers.

I am feeling really encouraged right now in pursuing this calling on my life. I know the Lord is faithful even when plans change and at times things seem overwhelming. One of the biggest things is that I feel like in the midst of my crazy summer life the Lord is still giving me much needed times of rest. I'm so thankful for those!

No comments:

Post a Comment