Thursday, February 25, 2016

Make my heart be still

I have a new favorite song these days.  I´ve been playing it non-stop as we drive around town living our somewhat hectic life.  Its from the Shane and Shane Psalms 2 CD... ¨Lord of Hosts¨.  This is my favorite part...

Though oceans roar, You are the Lord of all,
the one who calms the wind and waves and makes my heart be still.
Though the earth gives way, the mountains move into the sea, 
the nations rage, I know my God is in control.

I love the whole song, but honestly, most days I wish I could just put that one part on repeat because I so desperately need the reminders.  Daily, I long for the Lord to make my heart be still.  In the midst of busyness and sickness and homework and dinner prep... stillness sounds amazing.  And not just that, but sin and brokenness... its in our hearts and our homes and our city.  We live in a nation that is raging without a doubt.  Watching the news is like watching an out of control crime show many days.  I work with girls who have lived lives of abuse and suffering that are unthinkable and their past haunts them even now that they are safe.  The weight of sin and the brokenness of the world is too much if not for Jesus.

And so we say, ¨though oceans roar, the earth gives way, the nations rage... You are Lord of ALL, You are in control, and YOU alone make my heart be still!¨

No comments:

Post a Comment