Saturday, June 28, 2014

default mode

I know I've been a terrible blogger recently.  The truth is that sometimes I just get overwhelmed and I don't even know where to begin when it comes to the heart issues that we deal with with these girls.  There is so much...

The default gear for each of them is to run.  Its all they know.  Giving up, defeat, going back to whatever they have always known.  When they don't agree with something... "Susana, I'm leaving."  When I tell them what to do... "It would be better if I leave."  When they have caused some kind of problem... "I don't want to ask for forgiveness, I'll just leave."

Yesterday was rough.

We had a hard conversation with K and M about discipline.  They came to the home knowing how we discipline the babies and agreeing to work with their kids in that way trusting it was what is best for them.  Now they have decided that they would rather raise them the way they were raised... letting them do whatever they want whenever they want.  I know that an 18 month old and a 2 year old do not know what is best for them and it is not the most loving thing to let them raise themselves.  The conversation turned into quite a big deal where really the girls were just trying to be so stubborn and threaten so many things that I would change the house rules.  Not going to happen.  So as I calmly explained that again and again they finally got frustrated enough that they both decided that they are moving out.  There you have it... the default to just run.

So they are taking through Monday, both of them, to think it through and make a final decision.

Also, one of the girls is very dishonest, which we have known, but more than I even thought that she was capable of came to light yesterday.  Even if she chooses not to leave we may have to ask her to do so.  And that will be terrible as well.

So please just pray.  Pray for wisdom on our part and for the girls.  We know this ministry and this home belong to the Lord and He knows exactly what is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment