Friday, September 6, 2013

Joy

On Monday I am going to meet yet another girl that I will have to turn away from PDE.  She is 20 years old, has a 2 year old, and is pregnant.  She is strongly considering abortion because she feels as though she has no other options.  I am getting together with her, not because I have a place for her in the home, but because I want her to know Jesus and fight for the life of her unborn child.  Adoption is rare here in Honduras, and some people think of it as rather heartless that you would just give your baby away.  But I think adoption is precious and such a picture of the Gospel and the way that God has placed us in His family!  So pray for me on Monday as I meet and talk with her.

What brought me the greatest joy of all is that she called me yesterday as I was taking K home.  So after hanging up I was telling her about the situation and without hestitation she just said, "She can just share a room with me".  Let me go back and say... Kenia has the smallest and HOTEST room in the whole house.  Its the only room with no outside window and so hot.  But it didn't matter to her.  This girl is her just a short time ago and she wants her to be able to come live with us.  She did go back a few minutes later and say "I mean, if she's nice.  If she's not nice, I don't want to share."  Haha.  But it just did my heart good to hear her heart and her immediate desire to welcome this girl!

In other news, Jennifer took K to the eye doctor yesterday and it turns out she can't see anything almost with her one good eye.  So she's getting glasses this week!  I'm so excited for her because she has never known what she is missing.  But it explains why she has such a hard time with school work, getting the floors really clean, and anything else which requires eyesight. :)  Its going to be a whole new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment