Friday, February 19, 2010

75 trees and counting...

Back in good 'ole North Carolina and finally some warmer weather :) I had a fairly uneventful trip home from Belgium and I've been spending my time getting caught up with family, friends, students that are also friends, and taking high schoolers snowboarding! It's been a wild week at home. I'm starting to settle back into a schedule again with different priorities than before I left. Priority number 1... support rasising. My goal is to have all my support raised by the end of April, that means all the pledge cards sent in and recorded so that MTW agrees with me that I'm at 100% :) As of right now I have 75 of 100 trees! That's 75% of my monthly support! What a blessing! I need 25 more people to pledge $41/month to be fully funded. After my training, I am so ready to be in Honduras doing ministry hands on. Please consider joining us in our ministry by supporting me!

Here's some Honduras updates for you:
1. We have been able to provide sponsorships for four children from Armenia to attend high school in 2010. To read more about the new scholarship program click here.
2. Erin Pettengill, a team member, was able to serve as a nurse in Haiti for one month with MTW's disaster relief teams.
3. Thanks to the generosity of dozens of people in the U.S. we distributed over 20,350 school
supplies to over 400 extremely poor children in Armenia Bonito.
4. In 2009, the team was able to medically treat 1150 of the around 3000 residents in Armenia Bontio in their free medical clinic.
5. Earlier this year the team hosted a training conference for pastors entitled "Jesus in the Old Testament." This kind of training for church leaders is rare and much appreciated in the community.

That gives you just a glimpse of the many things that are going on in Honduras as well as property being purchased for a health clinic and ministry center, new teammates starting to raise support, discipleship, esl classes, kids club, and more. There is so much going on... I can't wait to be another set of hands to help.

Please continue to pray for my preperation and support raising as well as my team in Honduras. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!!!! That's awesome! Can't wait to see you here!! Glad your time in Belgium was fruitful.

    ReplyDelete