Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Dependence and Faith

I titled this post Dependence and Faith because I feel like that is exactly where God has me at the moment.  I know I just sent out a newsletter and its record-breaking for me to send out something else so soon, but we are in need.  It seems to happen every time I get comfortable... every time I seem to think that I´ve got this support raising thing under control and we´re living with a nice buffer.  I was excited about my trip in September because I felt like I was going into it ahead.  We needed to raise money, but it wasn´t as desperate of a situation as it has been in the past.  But then I started to look over numbers and it just so happened that this month of September there isn´t enough money to make it to the end of the month!

Things happen with supporters over time that are normal.  We pick up new people and some people can´t give anymore.  But I tend to believe that support raising has a lot more to do with what God is teaching me.

The ministry of Puerta de Esperanza belongs to the Lord!  He started it and is using it and is changing hearts and drawing people to Himself.  And He owns the cattle on a thousand hills.  If he wanted us to be fully funded, we would be.  But instead He allows us to feel needy to know that we need His provision, we need Him to open doors and provide partners.  We need to pray and we need to trust.  And we need to give our worries over to Him.

And we need a community.  We cannot do this ministry in a vacuum.  We need others to pray and labor alongside of us, even if they never meet these girls in person.  We need the church to hold us up monetarily, emotionally, and prayerfully.  We need those encouraging emails when it has been a hard month.  We need to be reminded that we do not labor in vain.  And we need others´ monetary investment to make this ministry possible.


So, trusting that it is the Lord that provides, I am doing my part to be  faithful and ask.  Could it be that He wants to use you to answer our financial needs at this time?  Could you give a one-time gift?  Could you give monthly however great or small?  Please consider it because now is the time... we have great need and we trust that God will use some of you who read this to answer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment